You might have noticed that my blog was down for a few days. Or that some posts are now gone. This is because I have learned a valuable lesson... not everything in your life should be put on a public blog. Especially when they involve other people, and shed not-so-flattering light on their lives. Apologies are owed, and it will not happen again. And in the words of Forrest Gump, that's all I have to say about that.
Moving on...
My Weekend
Friday night: Went to Mom's to help her get ready for her yard sale Saturday. All three of my sister's kids were spending the night with her, so we took them out for some delicious Chinese food. My brother, my sister, and my brother-in-law had gone to the Millington football game, and afterward, my sis and her husband went to Chili's, and called me to come meet them. So I went and hung out with them for a bit, then back home to get to bed and get up SUPER early for the yard sale. However, my good intentions were for naught. That darn Wally Lamb book kept me up much later than I intended!
Saturday: Slept through my alarm and was awakened by my mom saying, "I need your help! People are already here and I haven't got all the stuff out!" So I hurriedly dressed and ran out to help her. It was not the best day for a yard sale... it was bitterly cold, and despite what the weather forecasts had predicted, the sun was nowhere to be seen and we were sprinkled with some light showers. We made about $55.00... not a huge profit, but- adequate. My bro and sis showed up late morning to help. We had fun shooting the breeze and alternating putting yard sale stuff back into boxes for Goodwill and coming back inside to warm up with coffee. I went back to nap before I had to go to work. I woke up later than I meant to (surprise, surprise... do we see a pattern here?!?) I had to rush around to get ready for work, and then at the last second, I couldn't find my keys. Mom threw me hers and told me to take her car, and pick her up for church the next morning. When I got to work, the new manager Scott (I know, right?) was talking about some of us going out after work that night. I said heck yeah, I was game. I could use a night out. So after work, Scott, Stevie-poo, Onawa, and I headed over to Doc Watson's across the street from the store (also known as the Cougar Den... use your imagination.) We had a blast talking, listening to the band, watching footage of Alabama kicking butt yet again (BOO YA!) and making fun of the cougars. I kept thinking the waiter looked awfully familiar, and he kept looking at me, too. Finally, he said, "Didn't you go to Millington? Is your last name Bright? I'm Matt Marcy." I cannot BELIEVE I didn't recognize him! I spent my entire freshman year drooling over this hot senior! And our parents were really good friends. It was great to see him again. (And my bill was way less than it should have been...) From there I headed back to my apartment, where I had the ULTIMATE blonde moment. I had driven all the way to Midtown in the middle of the night, and I couldn't get into my apartment- I didn't have my keys, remember? So by the time I got back to Millington, it was about 2 AM. I crashed like a ton of bricks.
Sunday: Got up way too early for my liking after my late night. Went to church. Went to Mom's, ate lunch, took a nap, and went back to my apartment, finally. I wanted to get it straigtened up before Roomiekins got back from her trip to Oklahoma. I was home for a couple hours before I had to go to work, and after work we had a long "Holiday season launch" meeting. It wasn't too bad, though... we were done by 10:30. Went home, chilled with Gus and read for a bit, then went to bed. Pretty uneventful.
NEXT weekend will be the really busy one. My neice Hannah's high school band is playing at the Tigers game, so I'm going to that, then work, and Sunday is the INDELIBLE GRACE CONCERT!!! Can't wait!
THE WORLD LOOKS A LITTLE BIT BRIGHTER
3 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment